Monday, July 21, 2008

Presenting....Mr. & Mrs. Milhomem!

July 5, 2008 at aproximately 6:15pm I officially became Mrs. Merlyn Jones Braun Milhomem!!, 
It was one of the most wonderful days of our lives. It is a wonderful thing t
o marry your best friend!! 
The wedding was at my home...everything was beautiful...just perfect. We had people from several states, and even friends from South
 Africa and United States come to be with us! My brother Johnny and his wife Krista came to be with us from L.A. (it was the first time they met Mario), two of my roomates from college were there (Jessica and Cherollyne), my childhood friend Raquel, and even a new friend who came from L.A. to teach English at the YWAM base was there (Louisa). Relatives that I had not seen in more than a decade were there too. It was so much excitement in one day I couldn't stop smiling...at the end of the day my cheeks were sore!!
Looking back it seems like a blur...all I remember was Mario's face as I walked down the aisle shaking and smiling. I thought I was going to be the one crying, but Mario surprised me as he was the one who cried when he saw me! It was so cute!
My dad was the one who married us...I think that's why I felt so calm and in a way it felt "unreal" like I wasn't really getting married....and then suddenly my dad
pronounced us "man and wife" and we were off....
It happens so quickly...but that was just the beginning. I have been married about 2 weeks now! It's a wonderful thing be be married...a wonderful thing indeed!
-Merlyn Milhomem

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mario & Lika! May your marriage & service to God be a huge blessing to many in YWAM, Brasil, South Africa & elsewhere. I hope that little Lika gets to keep on with her artwork in your ministries of outreach in God's behalf!

    Bill/ACTION

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Mario and Lika,
    It is Raymond a friend (hope I can say that Lika),wanting to say congratulations on the marriage! Like I mentioned to Lika when I saw the pics on myspace, wondering why she looked so happpy. And now she looks even happier, as do you Mario. You both will be in my prayers, as will your work for God.
    Raymond Combs
    1Cor 13:13

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys! What great pics too! You deserved a perfect wedding!

    ReplyDelete