Thursday, March 4, 2010

Talita!

God answers prayer!!!
In my last post I talked about how Mario and I were desperately looking for a place to put Talita, to take her away from drugs and the whole destructive atmosphre she was in and give her a new chance in life. Well, shortly after I posted the last blog someone from the base gave me a phone number for a home for girls that belongs to the MCM Mission called ``Menina dos Olhos de Deus`` - Girls of God´s eyes (also translated as the ``apples`` of God´s eyes).  I immediatly contacted them to ask about the possibility of them taking Talita and they agreed! We had a nice talk with Talita about it and she agreed to go.
Here she is at our home the day we took her with the new stuffed animal that I gave her. She loved the dog ever since she lived here with us last year and called it Lika....lol...don´t know how I feel about that, but I guess it´s for a good cause. The day before I gave her and new hair cut and picked a ton of lice out of her hair...yuck!
I sneaked the camera on her in the car...I think there was a lot going through her mind.

This whole thing was very emotional for her...she kep holding back tears the whole time we were there in the interview with he MCM lady that was helping us with the paper work.
Even though Jonas and Talita don´t get along, it´s clear that they care about each other...We didn´t have to ask Jonas twice if he wanted to come with us to take Talita to the home...I think the sunglasses hid something he didn´t want to show. In the end they just shook hands to say their fare wells....but I know the moment meant a lot to both of them.
Thank you to everyone who prayed for Talita. Do continue to pray that she will adapt quickly to her new home, in the company of 19 other girls who also live there, all sexually abused and rejected by their families. My prayer is that Talita will have a true encounter with her creator and make peace with those who have hurt her so much.
Of course we plan to continue visiting her and being part of her life....

``Meninas dos Olhos de Deus`` home in Trindade, Goiania

1 comment: