Friday, May 7, 2010

We´re Pregnant!

A couple of weeks ago I took a pharmacy test because I was a bit suspicious that I was pregnant...and to our joy, my suspiscions were confirmed! Yesterday I had my first ultrasound and we got the see his or her little heart beating> It´s so exciting to know a little life is forming inside of me.
From the doctor´s calculations I am 7 weeks along! So our baby looks something like this:
                                          Soon we will be holding a bundle of joy in our arms....!
But meanwhile I have been feeling terrible sleepy, noscious and thinking a lot about Ecuadorian food!!! How I wish there was an Ecuadorian restaurant in Goiania....
Among my favorite dishes are:
Ceviche de Camaron. A cold dish prepared with cooked shrimp, lots of onions, tomatoes, lemon and orange juice served chilled and accompanied by popcorn and...
Patacones! My ultimate favorite snack! Fried green bananas (but it´s a special type of banana that I haven´t found here in Brazil)

Another Ecuadorian delicacy are ``Llapingachos``...mashed potatoes stuffed with cheese and lightly fried on each side! They are awesome!
And then there is ``Locro de Papas`` Yummy potato soup with cheese and a bunch of other good stuff! It´s no regular potato soup!
So I guess I have been craving a lot of banana and potatoes....It´s what is plentiful in Ecuador and what I grew up eating!
I hope to get inspired in the next few days to cook some of these favorites. I am sure Mario will appreciate them too!

1 comment: